Tuesday, July 24, 2012

inspiration


Now is probably the time that I admit I know nothing about art.





But that doesn't mean I don't love it or admire those who can make it.


It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while, I get the urge to make something beautiful. I'm not sure I'd call it art (because who am I to call myself an artist?), but inspiration strikes and I find myself getting itchy fingers to create.



There's just something about this buoy by Jaki Peterson that makes me feel that way. I don't know if it's those flowing lines of the landscape or the way she captured the essence of Vinalhaven in a way that is uniquely her own, but it just makes me want to DO something.



You know?


Maybe I'll just stick to taking pretty pictures of these buoys, but maybe (just maybe) I'll give into those itchy fingers.

Thanks for the inspiration, Jaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment